WHAT IS THE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTION ASSOCIATION OF TORONTO (CPAT)?
CPAT is the not-for-profit trade association for the television commercial production industry in Toronto.
WHO IS CPAT?
CPAT represents 90% of all commercial production companies in Toronto. CPAT's membership draws upon a hugely diverse group of companies and individuals involved in the production of television commercials. Companies & individuals who produce, direct, animate & design; individuals who perform, photograph, write music & edit; companies who build sets, run studios, rent props, make wardrobe, rent film & lighting equipment, manufacture or process film, rent cars & trucks, run hotels, restaurants & catering services, create special effects, build puppets, train animals; advertising agency personnel; individuals who specialize in stunt-work, voice-work, hair-dressing, make-up & prosthetics, model building, electronics. The list goes on...
WHAT DOES CPAT DO?
• communicates with all levels of Government as an industry lobby
• provides a forum in which the views of television advertisers, their agencies and suppliers can be aired
• distributes to members news of issues, technologies and trends affecting the advertising and broadcast industries
• sets industry standards in areas such as health, safety, quoting and billing practices
• acts on behalf of its members as a referral service to potential clients & producers wishing to do business in Canada.
HOW IS CPAT RUN?
Members of the 2013 Board are:
Co-Chair: Geoff Cornish
Co-Chair: Derek Sewell
Secretary/Treasurer: Scott Mackenzie
Director: Suzanne Allan
Director: Joan Bell
Executive Director: Michelle D'Ercole